Many people ask this question “what is the best anxiety treatment“?
There are tons of people who suffer from anxiety attacks every day.
Several factors may trigger it, or it may be stressed-induced which would cause anyone to get anxious.
We live in a world where people are just down right insensitive.
I have witnessed this to the point that when they see someone having a panic attack, they would automatically think of it as nothing.
When people see this they tend to think the person is just trying to get attention.
In some cases, yes that is true, but for the most part that is plain old crap.
What is The Proper Education:
Without proper education, there would be some who’d merely ignore these attacks, even if the symptoms are visible to their naked eye.
In the perspective of the one having a panic attack, they would be profoundly uncomfortable.
It seems the first thing that would pop into their mind is, “how do I stop this?”
- With that question in their mind, it’s pretty much evident that they have no idea as to how to stop the odd phenomenon.
- With this, we hope that anyone who’s currently experiencing unnecessary and untimely anxiety attacks would be able to fend it off and calm themselves.
Most doctors would recommend that the first treatment you could do for yourself with the self-help resources.
The availability and convenience that this remedy offers would increase the chances of removing the symptoms.
By its definition, it means that an action that you could adopt in adverse…
…circumstances which could be applied by you for yourself.
There are different methods of using and applying these self-help resources, and some of them are:
- Workbooks – there are specific workbooks available in your nearby library or bookstore that could serve as a self-help resource for halting an anxiety attack as of that moment.
- Some General Practitioners – would recommend that you read books like the Reading Well’s Book on Prescription in which you could apply the contents of the text located within the workbook.
- Procedures – on how to manage one’s mood or how to manage yourself so that you could avoid getting panic attacks in the future.
- CBT (Cognitive behavioral therapy) programs on the internet – there are programs which are available on the internet that could help you in treating panic, anxiety, and dealing with phobias.
- Websites – that offers cognitive behavioral therapy is the CCBT Ltd. That provides a Computer-aided Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CCBT) that could deliver such treatment through the use of your personal computer and smartphones.
- Fearfighter – also provides CBT through the use of technology which would save you the time and money in going to a general practitioner for the sole purpose of a CBT.
The next step that you could undergo should the above treatment is not useful is the talking treatment.
It’s common for some to feel like the self-help resources, at first to seem to be a waste of time.
If you feel like this you should go to doctor for a more thorough diagnosis.
In this case the treatment that they would recommend to you is the talking treatment.
Currently, there are two types of talking treatments that is used correctly for people who are prone to panic attacks and high anxiety levels.
● Applied Relaxation Therapy – The applied relaxation therapy functions in such a way that the doctor has to identify the situations. Therefore the panic attack is most likely to occur with the previous case that led to the attack.
● Progressive Muscle Relaxation – An result where they would learn to become more relaxed for the duration of the treatment. They are then instructed to relax when they start to feel the symptoms. This would eventually lead to an anxiety attack. Through this method, you would learn to relax with the next severe attack.
● Cognitive Behavioral Therapy – Is more commonly known as the CBT, is a talking therapy in which it focuses and targets your thoughts. Through assessing these factors, the doctor would be able to recommend the coping mechanism and skills. These coping skills are different from one person to another. Depending on how their thoughts affect their behavior and coping skills, they would be able to tone down the probability.
Medication is it The Best Anxiety Treatment?
If your doctor feels like you’re not able to control your anxiety levels, they will often prescribe medication.
This might help you in managing some of the symptoms and it might not as well.
Now I will say this this can be a catch 22. What I mean is that you must be mindful of the side effects of prescribing medication.
These medications are beneficial as an fast solution for panic attacks. They will help in most cases.
Just keep in mind of the side effects and use common sense, you know your own body and mind.
Some of These Drugs Have Different Effects:
When it comes to the degree of suppressing your anxiety or when it comes to the physical forces that could happen to your body.
These medications usually take around six to eight weeks and longer for them to be fully active.
It’s efficiency and effectivity make it a favorite immediate option for some people.
Here are a few of these medications that could be prescribed by your general practitioner should you need to use them:
- Benzodiazepine tranquilizer
There’s No Quick Fixed or Cure:
When it comes to this matter or secret solutions that would clear up your head within minutes.
There are only treatments, methods, medications, and remedies that would help decrease the immediate symptoms and halt your anxiety.
Now this will only stop the anxiety at that moment and time.
What we do know is that learning what is anxiety all about, how does it affect your mind and physical body, and learning all about how to treat the disorder is the proper cure for this.
If you have adequate information and methodology on how to handle this attack, then all you have to do is apply it to your current situation, and all in all, stop the current phenomenon that’s eating up your mind and body.
What we tend to forget is that knowledge over some issues would gain you an upper hand when facing an uphill battle, which is similar to the case of anxiety disorder.
Face the struggle fully prepared, and I’m sure you won’t have a hard time when a sudden attack comes along.
Spread the word…